Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Simple Salutations Challenge #90 - Make it Elegant!


This week's Simple Salutations Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co., is to create an elegant card.  For the card base, I used a Heartfelt Creations corner die and followed a tutorial I found on facebook.  I love the elegance of the swans in the MFP stamp set with that name, Swans.  I stamped the smaller solid swan in black and the congratulations sentiment from that same set.  I die cut the image and sentiment using a spellbinders floral oval die.  I embellished the intricate top of the card with an adhesive pearl.  This card could be used as a wedding card, engagement card, or any occasion that you want to give the message of congratulations.

We hope you'll share your elegant cards with us this week at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge; if you do, you'll be entered to win a stamp from Mark's Finest Papers!  You can find the challenge HERE.

I want to give credit to the crafter whose tutorial I used for this elegant card fold.  Here is a link to her facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/ValsCardStudio

And, here is her tutorial:

Tutorial on how to make the Lacey corner die card by Val Fricker

 This will only work with dies that have a cutting edge on one edge.

Start with a piece of A4 card cut down to make a 6 x 6” card blank

BUT DON’T SCORE IT 

Next measure up almost 6” from the bottom, and mark lightly with a pencil.

Now tape your die to the card with the top of the die on the pencil mark. Making sure it is square and level on each side.

 


Run this through your cutting machine, and this should be how it looks from the underside.

Notice the cut edge is only at the top.

 

Remove the die and this will be how it looks from the front.


The card will naturally fold on the cut line.


You can either cut off the excess card or score it (concertina style) to stand as a tent card

It will lie flat to into an envelope.


 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. WOWZA! This is STUNNING! Thank you so much for the tutorial! As I'm not on Facebook I was delighted you gave the tutorial.It is indeed an elegant card and one of the most bautiful I have seen! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious! This is stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vickie, this is amazing! It's so pretty - I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty awesome. Your card is glamorous/elegant for sure. I hope like crazy to join in with this challenge. This weekend is mine and the dog's time to craft. He's really just there for moral support and helps remind me to get up and move around every so often.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful card- the die cut looks beautiful cut like that- Thank You so much for the visuals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, your card is definitely elegant. I love how you made the die cut out. Great card.
    Emily T.

    ReplyDelete