Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Dies R Us Playful Monkeys!



My card is a top-fold card that I used the Poppy Stamps Jungle Vine Oval die to create the opening.
I then die cut three monkeys from the Poppy Stamps Happy Monkey die, and die cut the word smile from the Penny Black Heartfelt die set.

Here's a tip when die cutting a figure that needs to be pieced together - die cut from white cardstock and then color using your markers, pencils, etc., before piecing together.

I colored the tree and vines using alcohol makers and then placed a solid color of designer paper behind the die cut card front.

Here's a close-up of these playful monkeys!

To complete my card I placed the die cut smile in the lower right corner of the card as shown in the completed card at the top.

DiesRUs product used:


Poppy Stamps Happy Monkey

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

2 comments:

  1. Too cute, Vickie! I have never seen these die cuts before. The jungle scene you have created is so fun. Great card!

    ReplyDelete