Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Simple Salutations Challenge #70 - Stamp a Background


This week's Simple Salutations CAS Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Co., is to stamp a background.

I used 140 lb Fabriano Cold Press Watercolor Paper for my background.  I first wet the watercolor paper, then used a water brush to brush on Koi Noir Watercolor paints to the wet paper.  I used a heat gun to dry the wet paper then stamped an image and sentiment from the MFP Hugs Blooms stamp set using Memento Black ink.  I stamped the flower image again onto watercolor paper, used Copic markers to color it and then cut it out, and also cut between some of the petals to shape the flower and put a big brad in the center, then layered it onto the stamped background.

We hope you'll play along with the Stamp a Background challenge this week.  You can find the challenge HERE.

3 comments:

  1. OH WOW! What a clever idea and fabulous outcome! Lovely card my friend ... I'll be giving this a try!
    Hugs from Ohio!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are gorgeous on your card. Love water colouring and the brad is perfect.

    ReplyDelete