Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Twisted Tuesday Challenge - Don't Go Near the Edge with a Twist!


The Twisted Tuesday Challenge is Don't Go Near the Edge!, other than your base paper/cardstock, don't let anything else on your project get very close to the outside edges.  So, that means no ribbon gong all the way to the edge or border strips, photos or images, etc.  Keep everything clustered in the middle!  The TWIST is to use dictionary, old book, or script paper on your project.

For my card, I had a piece of burlap left over from another project that I wanted to use, no talking me out of it!  So, that's what I built my card around, that piece of burlap!  Then I wanted to use a brand new Tattered Lace Owl die I recently purchased.  A tree limb from another die pack and the flower was cut from the HFC smaller Vintage Florets dies.  I used old dictionary page to cut the flower shapes and sponged some ColorBox Berrylicous ink before shaping them.  I used some pink rhinestone gems for the eyes of the Owl and layered all this onto the burlap piece, being careful not to touch the edges.

We hope you'll play along with the Don't Go Near the Edge with the twist of using old dictionary, book, or script paper on your creation.  You can find the challenge HERE.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Love the way you used the burlap. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the old book for the flower and that burlap gives solo much texture and interest to this clean and simple card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burlap is fantastic. Love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete