Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Altered Eclectics April Challenge


It's the first day of April and time for another monthly challenge at Altered Eclectics, where it's anything goes as long as it's an altered item!

For my project, I altered a medicine bottle!  Yes, I do take some daily meds and have been thinking there is surely something I can do with an empty medicine bottle!  So I altered it!  Paper, lace, flowers, gems, butterfly and a handmade flower adorns the lid.  The flower was made from old dictionary pages, punched with a scallop punch, layered, distressed with ink, then scrunched up around a brad to create the flower.  Now, what to do with an altered medicine bottle...I will probably store some beads or brads in it!

We hope you'll play along with this month's challenge at Altered Eclectics!  You can find the challenge HERE.

3 comments:

  1. This is just so clever...a good idea too to make use of all those empties,lol.
    Beautifully decorated...Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! And it's so great to find things around the house to alter, isn't it? Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous idea sweetpea/ I am so so blessed to have you as an Eclectic girlie xx

    ReplyDelete