Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Sisterhood of Crafters Color Inspiration Challenge


I just recently found The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge site.  For the current challenge we are to use the following colors as inspiration for our project:


Isn't this color palette gorgeous?!  

For my card, I sponged distress inks onto the smooth side of Ranger Watercolor paper.  I'm really enjoying the Bokeh technique so went with sponging white circles over the inked background, letting the white craft ink dry and then stamped the Stampabilities Waving Wheat image with green ink in the corner.  I embellished using Martha Stewart orange daisies from my stash and popping some enamel dots into the center of each flower.  MayArts fabric leaves embellish under the flowers.  Martha Stewart Butterfly punches were used to also embellish the card front.  I'm pretty sure I covered each color from the inspiration picture!

This fun challenge can be found HERE.


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Vicky! Great job using this technique ... I need to have a go at it again ... it's been a long time but remember it was fun. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Photo Color Inspiration’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH! NIIIICE!! Yep, you & me are 'joying that bokeh!!! This is brill......lovely card:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation, Vicky! Love the color choices and your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Color Combo" challenge. Hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete