Thursday, April 30, 2015

Eclectic Ellapu May Challenge - Tussie Mussie!

 
This is my tussie mussie!  My first ever tussie mussie!  I've been wanting to create one for quite a while and watched many video tutorials and thought to myself, making a tussie mussie looks pretty easy!  So, when it became my turn to issue the May challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu, you guessed it, I chose Tussie Mussie as the challenge. 
 
Now, I find out that for me, creating a tussie mussie wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  I recall back to my childhood in elementary school we made May baskets in the shape of a cone and that was fun 'cause we got to take our May basket home to mom as a Mother's Day gift.
 
Fast forward to today.  My Tussie Mussie does not look at all like the Tussie Mussie I envisioned!  But, it's my challenge after-all so this is my tussie mussie!!  I did create a cone out of designer paper and then covered it using different textures and widths of lace.  I created a pink lace "flower" and adhered it close to the base of the cone and added a butterfly above the flower.  Still needed something so I cut a square of lace and stuffed it inside the cone and then a length of MayArts leaves ribbon and a pearl on the end.  I tucked the ribbon under the flower so that it looks as if it is a dangle coming from inside the cone.  I added a ribbon handle and called it done!  If I had some chocolate I would stuff the cone full of chocolate and then eat it (the chocolate, not the tussie mussie!!)  That's something to think about as Mother's Day approaches!
 
We hope that you will join in and create a Tussie Mussie for the May Eclectic Ellapu Challenge.
 
You can find the challenge HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great challenge Vickie...I hadn't a clue what a tussie mussie was! Love yours, so pretty and feminine. Carol x

    ReplyDelete