Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Somewhere Over The Rainbow... The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge

 
Sandi Lee chose a rainbow challenge for The Sisterhood of Crafters!  Your project should include a rainbow!
 
For my rainbow card, I used watercolor paper, stamped the image using black pigment ink and embossed it using black embossing powder.  I then spritzed the panel with water and used Zig Clean Color markers to do a multi-color wash to create the rainbow; let it dry and then did a color wash in shades of green.  When dry, I did a splatter of gold paint.  To finish my card, I added some sequins, a multi-loop twine bow and sponged the edges of the panel using rust colored ink.  The tree image is from the Stampendous Nature stamp set and the sentiment is from MFP Stamp Shop Tree Scene stamp set.
 
We hope you'll share your rainbow projects with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.  You can find the challenge HERE.
 
Entering my card....
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Awesome technique & creation Vickie! Have a great day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so creative. Love that tree with the rainbow behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the colors. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all these bright, cheerful colors. The twine bow is so pretty. I like all those loops. The tree is the perfect image for the rainbow look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - this is so stunningly vibrant! I am in LOVE with that inky background!!! Super cool, Vickie. You should totally link this up with the STAMPlorations Stamps and Watercolors challenge! http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/08/august-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Vickie. Love the background technique you used. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-))) I love this project!!! :-))))
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Scrapper's Delights! Good luck :-)))
    Troppo Stella DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Background is wonderful!

    Thanks for playing at Scrapper's Delights Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous mixture of colours, looking like a happy beautiful Autumn day. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations August Challenge, hope to see you in September too.

    ReplyDelete